🍂Hi folks, it’s time to place your Thanksgiving turkey orders!🍂
🦃We’re happy to provide your Thanksgiving turkey by our good ol’ tried-and-true, Misty Knoll Farm – their deadline is November 16th with a $10 deposit. Misty Knoll birds are $4.39/lb.
Misty Knoll Farm raises their birds with utmost care, feeding them wholesome grain that is free of antibiotics and animal by-products. This provides healthy, nutritious and flavorful birds.
🦃We also want to give you a second option of organic, local turkeys from Grace Pond Farm in Thomaston, Maine. They’re Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) certified and the family farm has ensured they’ve put a lot of love and effort to provide the healthiest of birds. The deadline for Grace Pond Farm turkeys is November 4th with a $10 deposit. Grace Pond birds are $5.99/lb.
All turkeys will arrive fresh with the exception of small sizes by Grace Pond Farm, which will be frozen early and thawed in time for Thanksgiving.
Place your order with us NOW by calling us at 207-865-0046. Please do not email an order.
These deadline creep up fast!
Bulk Blueberry Orders are In! Please pick your order up as soon as possible as we are very tight on freezer space. Thank you!
$30 for 5 lbs ( paid in full at time of order ) for August delivery, week of the 10th. Harvesting is weather dependent, so please call ahead if you’re making a special trip. We will post here and no facebook when we have a firm delivery date, we will not be calling people.
These blueberries are flash frozen immediately after harvesting.
Don’t be afraid to stock up!
Our new hours of operation will be Monday – Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
We now have plexiglass installed on two of our registers so you can now unpack your own carts and baskets. You can also bring in your own bags (please do not shop into your bag, always appreciated)! If you bring bags, we will ask you to please bag your groceries yourself. While people get used to bringing bags again, we will continue to waive the bag fee until July 15th.
Please continue to leave 6 feet between other customers in line to check out and wear a mask while shopping.Thank you.
• No alcohol and no frozen items.
We will be open 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Sunday.
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.
You will see lots of signs inside and outside the store to remind you of all the new changes and things we are asking from our customers to shop at RRNF in order to comply with Governor Mills Executive Order. As of today, and until further notice, these are some of the things we need to ensure everyone gets a chance to shop in a timely manner.
- We need to limit the number of customers in the store at the same time. Please have one person per family do the shopping and remember kids are people too. Two or more people shopping for the same household means someone is waiting outside. Please practice social distancing with other customers and staff.
- Please shop for as many days in advance as possible, like Mom & Grandma used to do.
- Please shop with a list and purpose so you can move through the store as quickly as possible.
- For now, this is how check out will be: Approach the floor sign marking 6 feet from the cashier. Another staff member will take your cart, unload and bag your groceries. The cashier will instruct you when to approach the register for payment. This is the best way for us to maintain social distancing and also speed up the process.
- All customers use a cart when shopping, no more baskets. This helps us to keep a count of customers in the store.
- We have floor stickers coming today so you can easily see the 6 foot spacing at the register area and outside on the ramp. In the meantime, look for masking tape on the floor.
- If we are at capacity, the line to get in the store will queue on the ramp.
- We are transitioning to offering only pre-packaged bulk items and bottles of spices to minimize consumer handling and speed up shopping. Sorry, but we will not re-package any bulk items already bagged. Hopefully, this will only need to be in effect for April.
- We are planning on offering online shopping sometime next week, more details & instructions to follow.
- The hours of 10:00 am to 11:00 am are reserved for high risk, immune compromised individuals and their caregivers. Please do not shop at that time if you are not in that category.
Thank you for all your patience and understanding. Be well.
March 21, 2020
Hello again. I didn’t think I would be writing another letter so soon but a lot can happen in five days. We are having to change and adjust by the minute. We are adding some new policies and hour changes effective immediately. I am looking out for the health and well-being of my co-workers and hope you will understand. We can not keep up at our current pace without all of us being mentally & physically exhausted, and if you shop in a health food store, you know what stress does to the immune system. I am happy to say we were able to get some additional help from people affected by the shut down of restaurants, a win-win. And, we have been able to bag all of the produce, the case doesn’t look very pretty but the produce won’t be touched by many hands.
Here are the new policies until further notice and hopefully, the last rendition for a while. For the most up to date changes, visit us here on facebook or under the “News” tab of our website (you might need to tell Gramma & Grampa for us.)
Things to know when you shop at RRNF:
- We are no longer taking special orders, except for herbal/vitamin supplements.
- We are no longer able to accept returns, all sales are final.
- We are not accepting any bottle/glass jar returns. I believe you can still return bottles to CLYNK.
- Please do not shop with reusable canvas totes. We will bag your groceries in paper bags, the Freeport bag fee will be waived.
- We are reserving 9:00 am to 10:00 am Monday-Saturday for high risk, immune compromised customers only please.
- New Hours of Operation: Monday -Saturday we are open 9:00 am – 7 pm. Sundays are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Here are some things we are asking from you to ensure our health and allow us to continue to serve our community:
- Please do not come into the store if you are sick or have been in close contact with a sick person.
- If you are sick, please have someone shop for you or take advantage of our online grocery shopping, see rules above.
- We have disinfecting towelettes at our entrance, please use them before shopping.
- We are not able to provide gloves to our customers as we need them to do our job safely but a produce bag slipped over your hand works quite nicely.
- Please respect staff members personal space, especially if you need to cough or sneeze.
- Please leave space between you and the person in front of you at the register.
- Please help to bag your own groceries when able to help us move people through more quickly.
- And, last but not least, please do not congregate with friends in the store or have long conversations with staff. We love silly cat videos as much as the next person but we are stretched thin and are trying to limit contact as much as possible. Please shop, ask for help if you need to find something and proceed to the register.
I know this is a lot of new rules and changes but I am trying to ease the burdens on my co-workers as much as I possibly can. On another note, if you know someone who is living alone, please call them. Those people who are alone are REALLY alone right now and we can’t even give them a darn hug. Be kind, be thoughtful and be well.
Tina Wilcoxson, President/Owner